If you are suffering from constipation or normal bowel movements, it is time to look for ways to slow down your digestion.
We can see constipation is common and affects people of any age. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, survived in the U.S the 16 percent of adults have constipation symptoms.
Now officially known as “dried plum” and raisin juice, Prune helps you relieve constipation and keep you regular. Better yet, they help your body function in many ways and can prevent the onset of certain conditions.
So, here we have some natural treatment for constipation, with prune juice.
What are the basics and Causes of Constipation?
Constipation affects your gastrointestinal system, making it difficult to pass bowel movements. Regular bowel movements vary from person to person, but you are likely to have constipation if you do not pass stool in two or three days.
Here the following reasons you might behave constipated. Inactivity
- If you eat a low-fiber diet
- More travelling
- a large amount of dairy products consumption
- having medical conditions such as pregnancy, or neurological disorders, irritable bowel syndrome.
Prunes vs. prune juice
According to studies in the Food Science and Nutrition Risk and reviewed, products such as dried plum and prune juice can help prevent constipation and colon cancer. The nutrients found in raisins/prunes juice can also help control diabetes, obesity and heart disease.
The sorbitol in prunes contains two times more than in prune juice. 100g of prunes has 14.7g of sorbitol. And also, prunes are high in fiber, helping the stool pass through the digestive tract.
Research shows that regular consumption of prunes can help prevent constipation and reduce the risk of colon cancer. Compounds derived from raisins act as antibacterial agents in the gastrointestinal tract and gastrointestinal tract.
How Prunes Treat constipation?
If you add exercises, drink more water to your daily life, and help you more time in the bathroom.
It gives you a little plan to stimulate the digestive system. It may be necessary to include laxatives in your diet to get relief from constipation. The prescribed actions shadows and natural remedies also help. When you experience constipation, you may want to consider softeners, high-fiber products, and high-fiber foods.
What are Nutrition Facts of Prune Juice
One cup of prune juice (about 250 grams) contains: USDA
- 180 calories
- 3grams carbohydrates
- 4 grams protein
- 4 grams fiber
- 6 milligram vitamin B6 28% DV
- 707 mg potassium 20% DV
- 4 milligram manganese 19% DV
- 3 milligrams iron 17% DV
- 5 milligrams vitamin C 17% DV
- 7 micrograms vitamin K 11% DV
- milligram riboflavin 11% DV
- milligrams niacin 10% DV
- 3 milligrams magnesium 9% DV
- 2 milligram copper 9% DV
- 62 milligrams phosphorus 6% DV
- 5 milligram zinc 4% DV
How to Take?
Prune juice for Constipation:
Take one cup of prune juice 2-3 times a day. Due to its laxative components, it will show in 3- 4 days.
Mix with Milk of Magnesia for Constipation
You can add 2tablespoon of magnesia milk to one cup of prune juice and microwave for at least 30mins and drink when it warm.
Olive oil and Prune Juice
Take 1tablespoon of olive oil and prune juice one glass, mix well and consume it.
Butter with Prune Juice
Heat one glass of prune juice and heat for 3mins, and then after add butter to heat again for 1min in low flame. Now, please switch off the stove and let it be cool. Once it cools down, drink the mixture.
Other Benefits for Prune Juice
- It can prevent hemorrhoids which is a form of varicose veins (dilated blood vessels) in the anal.
- Due to high dietary fiber, it can prevent colon cancer.
- It helps to maintain lower blood sugar levels.
- Prune juice helps in weight loss. Research studies that eating prunes as part of a weight control diet.
- It also helps to improve mental sharpness and muscle coordination.
- Due to its soluble fiber, it helps to reduce cholesterol levels.
- It will boost your metabolism.
What are the Possible side effects:
- It can upset your digestive system like gas, bloating, diarrhea
- The intake of prune juice, which is abandoned, can have a negative effect like weight gain.
- If you are already at low blood sugar, talk to your doctor before adding raisin juice to your diet.
Prune Juice for Pregnancy is it safe?
Although many experts are careful when recommending food choices to pregnant women, prune juices are widely accepted and promoted in the health care community. It is very effective for Constipation during pregnancy. It helps reduce Constipation and stress and prevents hemorrhoids and other related conditions such as Constipation, esophagus, and long-distance.