Genital Herpes:Causes, Symptoms & Home Remedies
What is Genital Herpes?
Genital Herpes is a common sexually transmitted infection disease (STD) caused by simplex infection (HSV), which is painful, itching in your genital area.
There are two types of herpes: HSV Type1 & HSV Type2
- HSV Type 1: which generally causes Cold Sores around your mouth.
- HSV Type 2: Which is generally causes Genital Herpes. This can be spread through sexual contacts
The infections get into your body through your mucous layers. Your mucous layers are the dainty layers of tissue that line the openings of your body. They can be found in your nose, mouth, and genital. Symptoms for Males abscess on the penis, Testicles, or buttocks & for Females abscess near the vagina, asshole, & buttocks.
How does it occur?
Genital herpes will occur through sexual contacts or skin to skin contact. When the infection enters through the skin, it goes along nerve ways. The first outburst of genital herpes may show up as right on time as two days after you have gotten the infection, or even following 30 days.
Herpes simplex virus (HSV) can’t get by outside the body, hence, it’s about difficult to get the contamination through contact with toilets, towels or different items utilized by a tainted individual.
Symptoms of Genital Herpes:
- Sores in the mouth, penis, vagina, buttocks, around the anus,
- Swelling of the lymph nodes
- burning or itchiness in the skin
- painful urination
Home Remedies for Genital Herpes:
Here you can see some effective home remedies to get relief from genital herpes below:
Magnesium sulfate is often called as Epsom salt. The formula is MgSO4x. Epsom salt will help you from getting of genital herpes.
- In Bathtub fill with lukewarm water
- Now add 2 cups of salt and stir it till sale dissolves in water
- Drown your lower body in this water at least for 30mins. So, it absorbs completely by Epsom salt.
- Gently dry the genital area with the help of blow-dryer.
- Continue this remedy for weekly 2 times
Aloe vera has Medicinal & antiviral properties. It can be used for all types of herpes.
- Take fresh aloe vera leaf & squeeze the gel from it.
- Apply the gel where you effected, & wait till it dry.
- Dip a washcloth in warm water & wipe off
- Continue this remedy 3 to 4 times daily.
Apple Cider vinegar:
ACV contains anti-inflammatory, disinfectant and anti-viral properties. It will help you from genital herpes.
- Take a cotton ball & dip it in ACV. Apply lightly on the affected area.
- Apply and leave don’t wash it
- Repeat this method 4 times in a day.
- And you can take a drink with raw honey. Take 1tsp of apple cider vinegar, & some amount of raw honey in a cup of water. Take this daily to fight against with infections.
Garlic contains allicin, a type of chemical that can detect antiviral properties, which can help kill the virus that causes genital herpes. Garlic is rich in vitamin C, which stimulates interferon production, which naturally fights the virus.
- Crushed the raw garlic or garlic oil & apply it on the affected area
- Leave it for 15minutes, when you apply it would be little burning sensation later it will be stopped.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this method 2 times in a day.
Another name for neem leaves is Indian lilac. It fights against viral infections & also reduce itching and pain.
- Take a handful of neem leaves and make into a paste.
- Now apply the paste on the affected area and leave it at least 30minutes.
- Wash with tepid water. Repeat this 2-3 times in a day.
Banking soda is also one helps to get rid of genital herpes. It is a very common ingredient will be found in the kitchen.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it water, then dip in baking soda.
- Apply on the affected area. Leave it for 1hr, then clean with lukewarm water
- Repeat this remedy for two times in a day.
Hydrogen peroxide is a popular home remedy to reduce the symptoms of genital herpes. Hydrogen peroxide contains an additional oxygen atom that reacts chemically with anaerobic (harmful) bacteria and viruses.
- Take a cotton ball and apply 3% hydrogen peroxide on the affected side. Leave for a few minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water. Repeat the treatment every few hours.
Coconut oil is another good remedy. Coconut oil has antiviral and antioxidant properties. In addition, it contains medium-chain triglycerides, lauric and capric acid, which have antiviral activity against infectious agents.
- Apply extra virgin coconut oil to those who are ill before bedtime.
- Allow to sit overnight, then rinse with water the next morning.
- Repeat the process every day.
Cold compress is also one best method to reduce the pain & itching. Cold compresses actually help narrow the blood vessels found beneath the skin, which reduces pain and inflammation. It also speeds up the healing process.
Place a few ice cubes in a thin towel, cover with foil, and then leave on the affected area for 10 minutes. Take a few seconds and repeat every 3 to 4 hours to reduce the risk of aches and pains.
Note: Pregnant women should consult a doctor for better treatment