What Does Pregnancy Mean?
Pregnancy is the state where the woman develops a foetus or embryo in the womb for about nine months which is determined from the date of the female last menstrual cycle period (LMCP) and giving birth to a baby. The pregnancy is confirmed by undergoing some positive medical tests such as blood test, X-ray, urine test, ultrasound, identification of the fetal heartbeat.
The nine months is usually triggered into three trimester’s that is three months long. The first trimester of the pregnancy is where the mother must handle with care as prescribed by the doctor. In the second trimester, the foetus develops a remarkable series of physical movements and as the foetus grows in size, the mother wombs start to appear being obvious. In the third trimester, the mother increases weight as the foetus is prepared for the final stage of birth. As the resolution of the pregnancy occurs close, the foetus comes to the position in the woman’s lower abdomen.
Foods To Be Avoided During Pregnancy:
- Pregnancy is the most important and subtle periods in a woman’s life.
- When you are pregnant, whatever you eat that goes into your mouth and reaches your baby and grows in size, so it is important to have knowledge on the food you consume which does not harm the baby or foetus.
- So, accordingly, the pregnant mother has to take care of the diet and eat healthy food.
- It is important to make healthy food for the betterment of the foetus in the mother’s womb. Some foods can be ingested rarely, but some foods should be avoided during pregnancy. By avoiding certain foods, there is a low chance of miscarriage and abortion.
Here is the article which tells you about what are the foods to be avoided when you are pregnant:
Raw eggs have adulterated a type of pathogenic bacteria called salmonella, make you sick if you eat raw or lightly cooked. The consumption of salmonella by mother can show symptoms such as vomiting, fever, abdominal cramps, diarrhoea, headache and chills. Salmonella is the illness that usually occurs from the ingestion of the raw meat and eggs, unpasteurized milk, fruits and veggies.
Food That Contains Salmonella:
- Lightly eggs scrambled
- Homemade ice cream
- Cake icing
- Preparation of homemade cakes
Pregnant women taking salmonella results in being a sick and increased risk of miscarriage and premature birth of the child.
Alcohol should not be consumed by the pregnant lady as it is very harmful to the growing foetus in the womb because it reaches the baby as whatever mother intakes in her pregnancy period. In the first three months of pregnancy, if the alcohol is taken by the mother can cause complications like a baby to have abnormal facial features. During pregnancy, the developing of baby’s brain gets affected when exposed to alcohol.
The consumption of alcohol taken by pregnant women may lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, behavioural, physical disabilities. These disabilities can result in different characteristics which may harm the baby and show in future developing growth of the child. They are under:
- Shorter than average height
- Vision or hearing problems
- Problems with kidney, heart or bones
- Low body coordination
- Poor memory
Woman taking alcohol knowing that she is pregnant should avoid drinking completely. if she stops as soon as possible, it is healthy for the baby and the mother as well.
See Also: Physical Changes During Pregnancy
Processed Junk Food
Junk food is tastier than anything else, Once the woman is known to be pregnant, eating junk food increases the chance of likely to eat an unhealthy diet and rich in fatty acids and sugar and risk of an increase in obesity. Junk food does not provide any nutritional value for the baby and the mother, but whereas, the scope of nutrition is filled in the fruits and vegetables. As the pregnant lady needs a good amount of nutrition for the proper weight gain in mother and development of a child’s brain, bones and the immune system.
By consuming Junk food, the following affects the baby. They are as follows:
- Lack of nutrition
- Asthma and Allergies
- Risk of heart disease
- Problems in Digestion
- Risk in diabetes
Junk food is very harmful to the baby as it contains a very high amount of calories which increases excess gain that can lead to various complications and diseases. These complications can last long health issues for the baby.
- Being pregnant is every woman wish and a great gift by the god and loves to hold and carry her own baby. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists say that pregnant ladies can have coffee up to the limit of consuming 200 mg(milligrams) per day. If the consumption is more than 200mg of caffeine may result in the risk in miscarriage and low birth. Pregnant lady consuming eight cups of coffee or more in a day may lead to the stillbirth.
- If Caffeine is taken by the mother, it gets absorbed very quickly and reaches the placenta and the foetus. Likewise, the placenta does not have the main active site needed to digest the caffeine or coffee in which high levels can build up.
- Caffeine is not only found in coffee, but also in soda, tea, chocolate and even some other medications which relieve headache.
- Drinking excess coffee can lead to an increase in frequent urination which causes a reduction in the body fluids and can cause Dehydration.
Unwashed Raw Fruits
- For pregnant women, it is must avoid unwashed, unpasteurized and raw fruits. It is important that hygiene food must be taken in order to avoid infections and allergies. Fruits should be taken as an essential part to have a healthy diet, but some of the fruits to be avoided such as Papayas, Mangoes, Pineapple, and Grapes. Consuming excess of these fruits can harm the baby and as well as the mother.
- Fruits contain a lot of nutrients, proteins, and minerals. In order to make your baby active, avoid the bad ones and stay healthy.
- The fruits which are not unwashed or peeled, the bacteria which sustain on the outer cover of the fruits is very harmful to the pregnant lady wherein if the non-peeled fruits consumed by them lead to vomiting, fatigue, and headache.
- Once the women is bound to be pregnant, she has to take care of herself and her unborn baby in which they are more liable to bacteria that can cause illness. Apart from the raw and unwashed fruits, also she has to avoid processed food with extra oil and spices.