Turmeric is a yellow powder in Hindi called Haldi powder used as a spice to flavor foods, and give the color. It has various benefits for health and skin. In the ancient days, is used for medicinal purpose. Women’s will use turmeric as cosmetics to get rid of skin care problems.
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, analgesic, anti-microbial and thermogenic properties to help lose weight.
- Weight gain might seem like a belly thing, but your brain is one of the biggest obstacles in losing weight.
- In order to bite this bullet, one must have complete control over his cravings and desires.
- One must be highly motivated and dedicated to loose weight. hence the ball is in your court if you really want to lose weight, we are happy to help.
- You might be amazed to know that a spice you use in daily life can actually help you to lose weight..!!!
How Turmeric is Helpful in Losing Weight.
Turmeric is an anti-obesity
Research in 2009 proved that turmeric is an important constituent in reducing fat tissue growth, which enables a human body to reduce fat generation.
Turmeric has Thermogenic Action
Thermogenesis is a metabolic process that involves burning calories in the body for energy expenditure. This process promotes weight loss. this is a practical approach towards weight loss. one need to be calorie conscious in order to lose weight. The open secret to lose weight is intake fewer calories and burn more.
Turmeric has anti-diabetic action
The risk of diabetes is one of the most common among overweight or obese individuals. Therefore prevention of this disease becomes very important. The antioxidants and anti-inflammatory actions of turmeric have a great anti-diabetic effect this substance lower sugar levels.
When it is taken daily, it aids in flushing out toxins that have built up in the liver. And since the liver plays an important role in metabolizing fats, it can help increase the chances of weight loss when it is able to function at its best.
Inflammation is significantly associated with obesity or excessive fat deposition in the body. Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory spice that helps reduce inflammation and associated oxidative stress and thus be useful in losing weight.
Ways in which turmeric can be consumed For Weight Loss
- Turmeric paste
- Ginger paste
- Pour some water in a saucepan.
- Add ginger and turmeric pastes and let the water come to a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, immediately turn off the heat and let it cool at room temperature.
- Strain it before drinking.
Note: Instead of ginger this turmeric tea can also be consumed with honey cinnamon powder and mint leaves.
In Ayurveda Golden turmeric milk or Haldi doodh is a powerful Indian drink with medicinal properties. It has great immunity booster power when suffering from cold, cough, sore throat, headaches, joint aches, etc.
- 1 cup whole milk (or coconut/soy/ almond)
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric (powder or Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients in pan & boil.
- Simmer for a minute or so and switch off the flame.
- Sip slowly while still hot.
Turmeric is an important remedy for weight loss but it can not be considered as a quick way to lose weight. Along with turmeric intake, one has to do regular exercise and maintain a healthy diet for cutting off weight.
So these are the ways in which turmeric can be very useful in losing weight. Hence turmeric can be said to be an easily available and important remedy for weight loss. One can use turmeric in getting himself in a good shape and for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Go on and consume turmeric for weight loss along with exercises and a healthy and a balanced diet.