If you are experiencing darkening of your underarms, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. You can always go for these tips and tricks at home to get rid of dark underarms, without using all of those expensive products on trial and error bases.
However, if you want to embellish flowing sleeveless clothing you don’t want to be exposed to it. If your underarms have been dark for years, should you say goodbye to sleeveless clothing?
Causes of Dark Under arms
Dark underarms can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
Excessive shaving or hair removal: Shaving or waxing the underarms can lead to irritation and darkening of the skin.
Use of antiperspirants and deodorants: Some antiperspirants and deodorants contain chemicals that can irritate the skin and cause discoloration.
Build-up of dead skin cells: Dead skin cells can accumulate in the underarm area and make the skin appear darker.
Friction and sweating: Wearing tight clothing or carrying heavy bags can cause friction and sweating in the underarm area, leading to darkening of the skin.
Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes, such as those that occur during pregnancy or with the use of certain medications, can cause darkening of the underarms.
Medical conditions: Some medical conditions, such as diabetes and obesity, can also contribute to dark underarms.
Genetic factors: Some people may have a genetic predisposition to dark underarms.
Home Remedies for Dark Underarms
Do you know that aloe vera can help to get rid of dark armpits? Yeah, It’s true because it contains anti-bacterial properties that help soothe and lighten your skin.
- Take the gel from fresh aloe leaf in a bowl
- Now rub on your underarms
- Wait for at least 15 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
- Do it daily until underarms disappear
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the remedies to get rid of dark underarms because it has amino and lactic acids, which help you to get rid of dead skin cells.
- Take 1 Spoon of ACV and dilute in water and mix well
- Now Take a cotton ball and soak in diluted ACV
- Gently apply in a circular motion on your dark armpit.
- Leave it for 10 minutes and wash with tepid water.
- Repeat this method daily for better results
We all know that lemon contains a large number of citric acid properties, and it is also very effective for a home remedy for skin moisturize for smooth skin.
- Take 1 lemon and make two parts
- Take 1half part lemon and apply on dark armpit
- Then leave it for 10 minutes and wash with lukewarm water
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has proven to be a great cure for dark underarms.
Its anti-microbial properties make it resistant to germs and ensure that your underarms are odor-free.
This not only helps in the process of dark armpit but also helps to keep it odorless.
- Take 1 cup Purified water and add half spoon of tea tree oil and mix well
- Then take it in a spray bottle and apply on underarms.
- Leave it for a few minutes
- Repeat this method every day
Read Also:- Benefits for coconut oil for Skin
Potato is your preservative for dark armpits as it is a natural bleach and anti-irritant. It provides instant relief from adhesions and itching caused by pigmentation.
- Take a potato and extract the juice.
- With the help of cotton ball apply it on dark underarms
- Leave it for at least 15 minutes, late wash with cold water.
Cucumber has the skin lightening properties that can help you from Dark armpits. Not only lightening the dark underarms, but it can also reduce dark circles under eyes.
- Take One cucumber and make round Slices.
- Now rub it on your dark armpits and stay at least 15minutes.
- Then after wash with cold water
- Repeat this method daily, you will find better results.
Do you know that toothpaste can reduce the dark armpit? Till now some of people only know that toothpaste will helps you to make your teeth whitening. But it can help in tan removing and lightening dark underarms also.
- Take any toothpaste and apply it to your underarms.
- Sit for at least 10 minutes, then after wash with cold water
- Repeat this method two times in a day.
Sunflower Oil for Dark Underarms
Sunflower oil is rich in Vitamin E, which helps to keep the skin young and tantric. When we applied on the affected area it will improve circulation.
- Take 1 tbsp of sunflower oil and dab the cotton ball and apply it to your dark armpit
- Sit for 20 minutes and then wash with cold water
- For better results do this process daily
Multani Mitti is a natural clay that picks up blemishes and breaks down all clogged pores. It helps expel dead skin cells, which leads to dark under the arms.
- Take Multani Mitti 2 spoon and mix water and lemon juice and make a thick paste.
- Now Apply that past to you dark armpit and sit for 15 minutes,
- Then Wash with cold water
- Repeat this method weekly twice
Note: If your skin is sensitive this remedy will not suit your skin.
Read Also: How to Remove Blackheads Naturally
Rosewater has skin benefits, such as lightening, soothing, moisturizing, balancing the pH of the skin, and promoting circulation. Baking soda acts as an exfoliant in this solution.
- Take 1tbps of baking soda and mix with rose water and make a thick paste.
- Then apply it to your dark underarms.
- Leave it for 5 minutes then wash with cool water.
- Repeat this method 2 times in a week.
If home remedies do not work, or if the dark underarms are caused by a medical condition, a doctor may recommend further treatment such as prescription creams or lasers. It’s always best to consult a doctor if you have concerns about your dark underarms.
It is important to note that dark underarms can be treated and improved, but it may take time and effort to see results. Be patient and consistent with your treatment, and maintain a good skincare routine to achieve a lighter underarm.