Dark circles under the eyes are common. These are common in men and women. Dark circles are usually caused by insomnia, stress, and fatigue and make it look bad.
As we grow older, our skin loses its natural thickness and collagen. This makes the blood vessels more visible under the skin. As a result, the area looks darker than normal. Other conditions, such as swelling near the eyes or fluid imbalance around the lower eyelid, can darken the skin.
Basic Causes Of Dark Circles
Adequate water intake – It is important to constantly remove toxins from the body and store them without causing harm. Start with at least 10-12 glasses of water in your daily intake.
Hemoglobin levels: You should also check for internal problems related to hemoglobin levels, and take vitamin supplements with your doctor to see if you have any internal weaknesses. However, it can be replaced with a balanced, high-protein diet.
Genetic causes – Often, the cause of dark circles is genetic and not directly related to your nutrition. That way, you may not be able to eliminate them altogether, but once you do the right thing, you can definitely cut them off.
Insomnia – night owls scream, smoke, or drink alcohol, and dark circles are the target. Balance your lifestyle and relax.
Stress – Even people with high stress may have sleep problems. Either they are suffering from sleep disturbances and are constantly thinking about returning or they are not sleeping. They often wake up early.
Lack of proper food: Junk food, heavy preservatives, and a lack of fresh salads and nutritious foods will make your skin look pale and you will get dark circles.
Chronic Disease – After recovering from chronic illness, dark circles begin to appear due to internal weakness.
Working hours on the computer – Extending too much time in front of the computer can cause eye strain and lead to dark circles. Keep your eyes on your palms every hour to loosen eye muscles and improve blood flow.
Some Natural Remedies to Get Rid Of Dark Circles
Here we listed out some natural remedies that can help to get rid of dark circles
Milk includes vitamins A and B6, which help in the formation of new skin cells. Vitamin B12 in milk lightens skin that is darker. Milk selenium protects the skin from sunburns and free radicals. Take two cotton pads and then soak them in cold milk and then squeeze the excess. Cotton pads on the eyes to pay for the dark circles. You have left for 20 minutes after applying it to dark circles and rinse with cold water. Repeat three times a week.
Aloe vera contains anti-inflammatory properties and it is effective for moisturizing your skin.
- Take damp cotton and clean the eye area
- Now take aloe vera pulp and massage under the eyes for 10 minutes.
- Leave it a complete night and next day wash it.
- Repeat this method until the dark circle fade off
Turmeric & Lemon
We all know that turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. And also, it very effective for sagging skin and dark circles under the eyes.
- Take 2tbsp of turmeric powder and 1 tbsp of curd.
- Mix It by adding 3-4 drops of lemon juice. And make a paste.
- Now Clean your undereye area with damp cotton. And apply the paste.
- Leave it for 15 mins and rinse with cold water
Coconut oil is also an effective method to get rid of dark circles. Because it is extremely moisturizing and helps to repair damaged skin cells. It contains vitamin E and antioxidants properties and rich lactic acids.
Apply virgin coconut oil under dark eye in both clockwise and anti-clockwise directions for at least 25seconds. This should be done before going to bedtime.
Potatoes are a surprising source of vitamin C, among other things, it is great for collagen synthesis to promote healthy, & skin looking younger.
- Take a potato and extract the juice.
- Take a cotton pad and soak in the extracted juice
- Apply that to your under-eye area and sit for 15 minutes
- And then wash water after it dries, Repeat this method weekly two times.
Tomatoes contain plenty of lycopene, which can help to get soft and smooth skin. Lycopene is good for your heart health, and vision and reduces the appearance of dark circles under the eyes.
- Take a tomato and extract the juice then add lemon juice as per quantity, and make a paste.
- Now, soak a cotton ball and apply it on under the eyes area.
- Sit at least for 15 minutes, next wash with cold water
- Repeat this weekly once.
Cold Tea Bags
Caffeine available in tea bags reduces fluid retention and helps blood vessels. It will make your skin look vibrant and glow around your eyes. Cold tea bags stimulate the skin cells to shrink, making your eyes look bloated. Take two tea bags already soaked and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove and keep for 5 -10 minutes on each eye. Wash with plain water and repeat 3 times a day to see the results.
Cucumbers have antioxidants that reduce inflammation around the eyes. As a natural blender and refrigerator, cucumber reduces skin cells. This does not make it less important for circles under the eyes. Place slices of finely chopped cucumber on each eyelid. Wash for 5 minutes.
Vitamin E and tocopherol in argan oil hydrate the skin and reduce wrinkles by repairing the hydro-lipid layer of the skin. It reduces thin streaks and reduces damage from the sun. Massage under your eyes for a few minutes before going to bed. Leave complete night and wash in the morning.
Rose oil contains prolantoxanidins, which exhibit anti-melanogenic properties. Therefore, it prevents pigmentation of the skin around your eyes and reduces dark circles.
- Take a rosehip oil and mix it with coconut oil.
- Take a cotton pad and apply it affected area under the eye.
- Apply night before going to bed.
- Rinse with plain water in the morning
- Repeat this method till the dark circle gets rid of under the eyes
Licorice extract contains chlorpyridine, which inhibits melanin synthesis. It helps to reduce the appearance of dark circles.
- Take licorice extract and mix with vitamin k capsules
- Apply it to dark circles and leave for 10 minutes
- Then after rinsing with plain water.
- Repeat this method twice a week
Grape oil contains bioactive compounds that inhibit melanogenesis. It helps to reduce pigmentation and dark circles.
- Take 2 drops of grapeseed oil
- and apply it to the dark circles under the eyes before going to bed.
- Then rinse with water in the morning.
- Repeat this method once a week.
In this article, we tried to help reduce the appearance of dark circles under the eyes. For better treatment you may consult the doctor who will help you choose the treatment that best suits your condition.