Eye Makeup for Beginners: The Perfect Way to Makeup Your Style
What is Eye Makeup and Why do we use it?
Eyebrows, eyelashes, and eye makeup are all tools that we use to enhance our appearance. Eyebrows add definition to the face and can make you look more alert. Eyelashes give your eyes a nice lift, and eye makeup can create the illusion of greater depth or size. Eye makeup can also create a youthful appearance by hiding some wrinkles or crow’s feet.
When starting out with eye makeup, it’s important to keep in mind a few key tips. Firstly, start with neutral colors that will work with any skin tone. Secondly, use light colors on the lid and darker colors on the crease to create a more natural look. Finally, avoid using too many heavy or dramatic shadows or liners; instead, go for a softer look by using weeper shades and liner pencils.
What are the different types of eye makeup and what are their purposes?
Eyeshadow is the most basic type of eye makeup. It consists of a powder or cream base, which is then covered with smaller pigments that give the eyeshadow its color. Eyeshadows can be used for basic shading and to create a more dramatic look. They are also perfect for creating a false eyelash effect.
Eyeliner is another popular type of eye makeup. It is typically darker than shadow and is used to line the upper lash line and waterline, as well as to create a bit of depth on the eyes. A liner can also be used to create a cat eye look or to define the upper lashes.
Mascara is an essential part of any woman’s makeup kit and has many purposes. Mascara is used to lining the eyes, thicken and lengthen lashes, and add curl.
Mascara can also be used to even out skin tone by filling in fine lines. It can also be used to add volume and definition. Many women like to layer mascara on the upper lashes, creating a bigger impact.
It is important that you choose a mascara that is designed for your type of skin. You will want to choose a mascara that is designed for sensitive skin and can be used with all types of eye makeup.
How to Apply Eye Makeup
Applying eye makeup can be cumbersome and time-consuming, but with a little practice, it can look great. Here are eight tips to help you apply eye makeup smoothly and effectively:
1) use a primer to help your makeup stay put
2) use a brush that is the right size and shape for your eyes
3) blend your eye shadow carefully
4) use an eyeliner that is easy to apply
5) avoid using too much eye makeup
6) keep your eyes hydrated by using a moisturizer before applying makeup.
The first step in applying eye makeup is to prime your eyeshadow. Applying a primer will help the shadow adhere to your lid and make it last longer. There are many different primers on the market, so find one that is suitable for your skin type. We recommend using an oil-free primer if you have oily or acne-prone skin. Some good options include the Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Born This Way Primer.
Apply Base Color
Next, apply your base color. The base color is what will give your eyes their natural color and should be light enough to allow the shadow to show through but dark enough to create depth. For a neutral look, we recommend using a foundation that matches your natural skin tone.
Use shimmery or glittery shadows
For a more dramatic look, you can use shimmery or glittery shadows. For the best result, make sure to apply your base color before applying any other product. You can also use liquid or powder eye shadow. For a more dramatic look, you can add a few drops of liquid eye shadow to your favorite cream or gel eyeliner for extra definition.
Lastly, apply your mascara and eyeliner or eyeshadow. Your mascara should be a waterproof formula, and your eyeliner or eyeshadow should be a formula that is long-lasting.
How to Apply Eyeliner on Your Bottom Lashes
Eyeliner can be applied on the bottom lashes for a more dramatic look. Follow these steps to get the perfect result:
- Start by lining your top lash line with an eyeliner pencil. Make sure you have a light touch so that you don’t end up with too much liner on your lash line.
- Use a brush to feather the liner along the lash line until it is slightly visible but still easily removable with water.
- Hold your eye open and carefully apply eyeliner to the bottom lashes, starting at the base of your lashes and working your way up to the tips. Be sure to hold the brush at an angle so that you can reach all of those pesky bottom lashes!
- Apply the brown eyeliner on top of the liner.
- With a clean brush, gently blend the two colors together. You want to keep the liner from looking too harsh and drawing attention to your bottom lashes. Make sure you are using the proper amount of eyeliner when applying it to your bottom lashes.
- Apply false lashes. I used Glamour Doll Lashes in the shade Black.
- Add mascara to your top lashes, as well as a liner on top of them for a more dramatic look!
- Add a little blush to your cheeks and you are ready to go!
Read Also: 8 Easy Tips to Grow Thick Eyelashes Naturally
How to remove Eye Makeup: Tips for removing eye makeup properly.
To remove eye makeup properly, follow these tips:
-Wet your eyes with warm water before starting. This will help relax the skin and make the process easier.
-Start by gently rubbing your eyes with a cotton ball soaked in mineral water or tap water. This will break up the makeup and create more room for the tissue to work.
-Use a gentle cleanser to remove any remaining makeup. Follow with a moisturizer if desired.
-Apply a fresh layer of makeup remover to a clean cloth and wipe off any remaining makeup. Store any leftover remover in an airtight container for future use. -If you have sensitive skin, this is the time to start using a hypoallergenic makeup remover.
I hope that you enjoyed this look tutorial! I definitely think it’s one of the easiest and most effective ways to create a dramatic eye makeup look without breaking the bank!