A great source of vitamin C, lemon has health benefits ranging from antibacterial and antiviral properties to its ability to boost immunity. One of the most common ways to get the health benefits of lemon with water when on empty stomach . Lemon juice works as a digestive and detoxifying agent and helps to cleanse the liver.
Its popularity is due to its refreshing taste and aroma, which makes it popular for tasting many dishes and spices. Lemon is widely used in all kinds of beverages, from tea and cocktails to juices. In addition to its obvious use as a fragrance, lemon has long been used for its medicinal significance.
Lemon juice is also an effective way to lose weight as it increases the metabolic rate of the body. For those who want to use lemon for their weight loss abilities, drinking lemon juice with warm water on an empty stomach daily in the morning gives the best results. Apart from the benefits of weight loss, there are many other benefits of drinking hot lemonade every morning.
Drinking warm water on an empty stomach in the morning improves digestion, promotes metabolism and helps maintain the body’s pH balance. Lemonade is good for overall health by cleaning internal waste and removing toxins from the system.
Lemon juice is not a magic potion to dissolve that stubborn belly fat. Perhaps, compared to lemons, it could be a calorie-free water, which helps people lose those extra pounds. The good thing about lemon juice is that it is rich in antioxidants which can reduce the risk of some cancers. The high content of vitamin C can help strengthen the immune system and increase iron absorption.
How to Prepare it:
- Cut a lemon in half and squeeze the lemon juice into a heat-resistant cup / glass.
- Add warm, filtered water to the lemon juice – make sure you do not add boiled water as it will destroy some of the healing properties of the lemon.
- Drink on an empty stomach.
You will find amazing benefits of by consuming Lemon water when on empty stomach listed below:
Drink Lemon Water when on Empty Stomach
- Helps fight common cold
- Along with vitamin C, lemons are also a rich source of potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium etc.
- Lemon juice is also very effective at cleansing the liver as it promotes the liver to flush out toxins
- When drinking warm water with lemon juice also helps reduce joint and muscle pain
- Vitamin C is high in lemons, which is great for fighting colds. Potassium is high in these, which promotes brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps regulate blood pressure. Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) found in lemons exhibits anti-inflammatory effects and is used in conjunction with asthma and other respiratory symptoms and enhances iron absorption in the body; Iron plays an important role in the immune system. Lemon also contains saponin, which has antimicrobial properties that help prevent colds and flu. Lemon also reduces the amount of saliva that the body produces. Drinking lemon juice in lukewarm water every morning helps the body maintain its pH balance.
- Lemon water is also a popular remedy for many kinds of skin problems ranging from acne, rashes and wrinkles to dark spots.
- Lemon is the most alkaline food in the body. Of course, they are acidic in themselves, but they are alkaline in our body (citric acid does not create acid in the body after metabolism). Lemon contains both citric acid and ascorbic acid, weak acids are easily metabolized by the body, and the mineral content in lemon helps make the blood alkaline. Disease states only occur when body pH is acidic. Drinking lemon water regularly helps get rid of all acids from the body, including uric acid in the joints, which is a major cause of pain and inflammation. Acting as a detoxification agent.
- Lemon juice with warm water helps keep the body hydrated as it provides electrolytes to the body.
- Lemon juice removes unwanted substances and toxins from the body. Its saliva and digestive juices have the same molecular structure as hydrochloric acid. It stimulates the liver to produce bile, an acid required for digestion. Lemons are also rich in minerals and vitamins and help in digestion by removing toxins. The digestive properties of lemon juice help eliminate symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, flatulence, and bloating. The American Cancer Society actually recommends providing hot lemonade to cancer victims.
- Lemon’s anti-inflammatory properties help in fighting respiratory tract infections, sore throat and inflammation of tonsils.
- Lemons are rich in pectin fiber, which helps reduce appetite. Studies have shown that people who eat a high alkaline diet actually lose weight faster. I personally make good choices throughout the day by making health conscious choices to drink warm lemon juice every morning.
- Lemon juice is also very effective at cleansing the liver as it promotes the liver to flush out toxins.
- It also good for your dental health as it helps with toothache and prevents gingivitis.